$120,000 - $130,000
Bachelor of Science
Feb 17, 2017
The QA Mgr. reports to the Plant Mgr. in a food processing plant with over 750 employees. Responsibilities include:
* Develop and maintain plant quality system in compliance with corp. policies.
* Leads the food safety, sanitation, technical services and lab services on all shifts.
* Maintain a safe workplace at all times.
* Ensures compliance to state, federal and local regulations.
* Assures accurate testing, reporting and monitoring of product safety and quality.
* Develop and facilitate internal audits to determine/assess compliance to SPC, HACCP, Quality Systems, formula control.
* Lead development and implementation of plant GMP, hygiene and sanitation programs.
* Ensures effective food safety and quality training for all employees.
* Advises Plant mgmt. on quality trends within the process and recommends corrective action.
* Prepares annual operating budget for the dept.
* Advises the Plant Mgr. on matters of quality, process instruction, formulas, specifications and protocol requirements required to promote high quality .
* Develop and facilitate internal audits to determine satisfactory performance of packaging and warehousing procedures as they affect quality.
* serve as primary contact to USDA.
Qualifications: BS/BA plus 7-10 yrs. of successful quality mgmt. experience in a food related environment. Experience in plant sanitation is also desired.