SE Iowa, IA
$85,000 - $100,000
Bachelor of Science
Oct 18, 2017
Blow molded plastics company in SE Iowa. Solid financially and located in a very nice family oriented community with good schools and a nice quality of life.
This position reports to the VP Engineering. Lead and supervise a group of project and design engineers responsible for managing and supporting the development of new custom products and projects. This group has primary responsibility for customer satisfaction and is the liaison between the customer and the company. Overall duties in general terms are:
* Direct workflow and forecasting within the project engineering group. Manage the assignment of new business.
* Assign and approve project costs and schedules and hold team members accountable throughout the APQP process.
* Serve as Lead Project Engineer on key development projects.
* Provide technical support to sales team.
* Work closely with customers to understand their requirements and communicate them to company personnel.
* Manage suppliers and procurement of tooling, materials, test data, etc.
* Instrumental in company quality and Lean initiatives.
* Supervise, mentor and evaluate team performance as a group in individually.