$65,000 - $80,000
Bachelor of Science
Dec 13, 2017
The Project Engineer serves as a key technical resource on assigned projects for a custom plastics blow molding company who works throughout the US. This position reports to the Director, Engineering. Overall responsibilities are:
* Provide technical support to sales team through the quote and development phase of new products.
* Understand customer requirements and communicate these to all involved team members.
* Work closely with suppliers in the procurement of tooling, test data. etc.
* Organize and lead design and print review process internally and with customers to establish project approval.
* Identify and implement Lean initiatives pertaining to new products and the manufacture of these products.
* Some travel involved - 15% max.
* BS degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent plastics related experience.
* Minimum of 3 years of plastics related experience in engineering or manufacturing. Blow molding experience is ideal.
* Experience with Lean Mfg. principles and implementation.
* CAD knowledge - SolidWorks, Pro E.
* Fluent with Microsoft Office and Project software.
* Understanding of GD&T principles.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills.
* Ability and desire to work within a team concept.