Full responsibility for facility environmental monitoring and reporting to improve and control environmental impact. This reporting also involves ISO 14001 adherence and maintenance.
* Provide expertise in environmental control and energy utilization
* develops programs to assure compliance and maintenance
* Obtains and maintains necessary permits.
* Prevent, control and correct any environmental health hazards
* Work may include wastewater treatment remediation and control
* Report to management on any environmental related project status and potential ramifications that affect operations and employee health.
* Develop and manage safety protocols such as spills and related clean-ups and transport of hazardous waste
* Inform employees and managers of potential or existing environmental issues.
* Manage dept. budgets and personnel needs.
* Serve as the interface with all government agencies pertaining to all aspects of environmental.
* Train employees on environmental issues
* Manage and maintain MSDS program.
Candidates should have a BS in Engineering, Environmental, Safety or related plus 2 years min. working with environmental compliance. Prior heavy mfg. experience desired. ISO 14001 knowledge a plus.